Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Modernize Your QlikView Deployment webinar, Nov. 3rd. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Creator III
Creator III

Qlikview Chart - Dynamic axis and Expression

I will begin this post by announcing that I am ok with qlikview, but nowhere near an expert.

I am in the process of building a template so that employees here at the company I work for can quickly view/analyze client data.  Most clients have 3+ years of data and millions of records.  We've always built these sites with a tab for each data group and multiple charts to view each metric.  It is very redundant and also inefficient from a system resource perspective.

I need one chart that will dynamically change to show approx. nine (9) different dimensions, one at a time, across a clients fiscal year by period.  I would like the dimension to be chosen from a straight table or something similiar.  The Expressions for each of these dimensions are Quantity, Base Dollars, Handling Fee, Invoice Dollars, and Percent of Total for each.  I already have the math for the expressions, just don't know how it's possible to select each one in a straight table to be shown in the chart.

I've seen many examples online, but can't seem to find anything that I can interpet to my situation.  I tried experimenting with variables, but can't seem to grasp how they work.

Here is an example:

Straight Table Fields (Dimension): Program, Disposition, Vendor, Store, etc...

Straight Table Fields (Expression): Quantity, Base $, Handling $, etc...

If I click the Disposition and Quantity field, the chart should display every disposition within each period and the quantity of each.

Is this possible?  Am I biting off more than I can chew??

3 Replies
Highlighted
MVP
MVP

Highlighted
MVP
MVP

do you mean something like that?

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2014/01/31/customizable-straight-table

if yes you can find a working example in your qlik install folder, usually

C:\Program Files\QlikView\Examples\Documents

Doc is What's new in Qlikview 11.qvw

Tab is Report

Highlighted
Creator III
Creator III

Thank you both.  Yes, this is pretty much exactly what I need.  However, I have Qlikview 10 and 11 is not in the foreseeable future.  The conditional expression feature is not present in the Expressions tab of the Chart Properties dialog.

Is there a way to do this in v10?