cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Qlikview Collaboration

Can you use Collaboration on a single user Desktop license or do we need a Server to use this functionality.

I attended an event today and John Sands @Qlik_John suggested if you have Qlikview 11 you could collaborate with people who don't have a Qlikview license!!

He never mention if a Server was required or Enterprise Edition? do you need a Server or Enterprise

Can anyone clear this up

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Alan,

I'm sure you know the answer to this already, but in case anyone else finds this question...

Collaboration is a feature of QlikView Server, so is not available to people who only have a Desktop licence.

When using collaboration someone with a user CAL on a QlikView server can share their session with a user that also has web access to that QlikView Server but does not have any kind of QlikView licence.  The shared session is only open for as long as the licensed host user is still active in their browser session.

The functionality is only available in the Ajax (Full Browser) version and needs to be enabled in the QMC, both at a server level and for each document you wish to collaborate on.

Regards,

Steve

View solution in original post

6 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Alan,

I'm sure you know the answer to this already, but in case anyone else finds this question...

Collaboration is a feature of QlikView Server, so is not available to people who only have a Desktop licence.

When using collaboration someone with a user CAL on a QlikView server can share their session with a user that also has web access to that QlikView Server but does not have any kind of QlikView licence.  The shared session is only open for as long as the licensed host user is still active in their browser session.

The functionality is only available in the Ajax (Full Browser) version and needs to be enabled in the QMC, both at a server level and for each document you wish to collaborate on.

Regards,

Steve

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II
Author

Thanks for clearing this up, and very well explained for others with a similar question.

Thanks Steve.

Regards

Alan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice Explanation Steve !!  Also I yhink on LEF sesson_collabration: needs to be No Is that Right?

Anant

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I believe session collaboration is available for all versions of Server, so as long as you are on a recent release you should be fine.

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable

does that mean this feature is available for all new versions like  Qlikview 11.2  and does not require any licence based

restriction? yes or no

ANANT

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Anant yes, It is available for all even SBE.

Unless there is some restrictions in Licence by Qlik.

Regards

ASHFAQ