Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview EDX triggered Task

Hello,

I'm trying to trigger the QMC task by executing the following .bat file:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QMSEDX\QMSEDX.exe -task="test TV" -qms="http://666.66.66.666:4799/QMS/Service" -password="1234"

I created a QMC task with the name: "test TV" trigered by and external event with the password: "1234" and placed QMSEDX.exe file in my server side.

But, every time that I execute the bat file I get the following error:

Captura.JPG

I already created QlikViewEDX user group (in wondows server) and placed myself there. And also in the Qlikview Admin group.

Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?

Does anyone know how to properlly exeute a task from Qlik Access point?

Thanks in advance.

9 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In your screenshot, it seems that the Management API doesn't like you because you don't have the proper access level. That may be because the real user with which you try to trigger the EDX task is not the one you entered in your new QlikViewEDX local group.

Are you using a domain account to run QMSEDX.exe ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I added my account in the server to the 'QlikViewEDX' and 'QlikView Administrators' groups, but its stils complaining about my access level on QlikviewEDX.

Which user should I use?

And later, will it work running the reload on the access point?

Thanks.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are you using a domain account to run QMSEDX.exe?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No, I using it under my normal account. But I added my user to Admin groud and created EDX group.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you aren't using a domain account, then how does the QlikView Server machine figure out who you are? It cannot ask anyone else...

What type of account are you using instead? A local account from your Windows laptop/desktop?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

A local account in my simulation environment server.

I tryed to run this bat as admin but it gives me the same error.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Ah, you're doing this in a RDP session on a server using local accounts? You know that group membership changes for the account you're currently logged in with will only be updated if you log out and log back in?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes, I managed to execute the bat and the task in the QMC is running well.

But, whenI put the button inside my app to launch that bat like and run it in the server, it runs well

1.JPG

and the QMC task is executed.

But, once I'm trying to execute it in the Access Point it throws me a error window denying me access.

Captura.JPG

Do yo know how can I do to execute that bat from the AP?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Is this a new question? Then please close the original discussion by marking an answer as correct. Or we'll get an initial question joined with a later answer that has nothing to do with it.

And for your last question: check whether the service account has permission to execute QMSEDX.exe. In your screenshot it doesn't look like it.