cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twanqlik
Creator
Creator

Qlikview + HTML/JAVA integration

I was wondering if it is possible to show HTML pages in Qlikview and also link expressions to objects in this HTML page.

See below for an example what i'm trying to achieve:

1 Load an email in HTML format, this email will contain links.

2 Load a table with a value per link

3 Show the email in a dashboard, and show next to each link the value from the table

The emails will be dynamic, so the position of the link and also the number of links will vary.

Is this possible in Qlikview?

Email - edit.PNG

10 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Interesting, And i am good exposure in HTML. Can you explain exactly your need with setup of application.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
twanqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

We want to create a dashboard with the best performing emails. CRM Mangers want to look at the best performing emails to analyse which object/component etc. did attract the most attention of the email receiver. Hence, e.g. how many consumers did click on a specific url in an email.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

In QV, We have option called link so that we can made as URL in staight object. And If you really need to send in HTML format you may need N Ptinting where Qlik doesn't support to HTML in Enterprise. Will you able to do and get access in Nprinting?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
twanqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

It's not needed to send it out in HTML formatting, but the input will be HTML.

Do i then still need NPrinting?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

In fact, nprinting is one of the best. But, When we say it's not required to send in HTML format that means we really don't needed anything here. Can you make diagram of your needed so then we can look layout where Qlik has future or not.

twanqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Oke, that is great to hear.

I don't really have a diagram yet, i first want to find out if this idea was possible.

Maybe 2 test files will help? I don't even know where to start

I've created a very very basic HTML page with 2 links + I've added also a sheet with 2 values for the URLs.

How can we show in a sheet the value per url, next to the url/image of the HTML page.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

From below, Image what are you going to achieve?

POS - What you've done in HTML code the same I've implement in Qlikview. Not sure, Whether this helps for you

Capture.PNG

twanqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Sorry, i was hoping to see something like below. So the value from the excel file next to the URLs.

It is not mandatory to show the output in HTML format, it's also fine if Qlik transforms it into a JPG or something. Sorry, i was not clear in that.

HTML Test.jpg

Anil_Babu_Samineni

This can be achievable, Let me try this tomorrow and get back to you ..