Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Named CAL license Issue

Hi ,

I m using Qlikview personal Edition and borrow Named CAL license from Qlikview server. Is it possible to open the QVW document from my machine which is developed by some other user?

Both of us borrow the CAL license from the Qlikview server. I want to do some modification to the QVW file which is developed by other user . Is it possible open the QVW file and do the modification ? How?

Kindly help.

Regards,

Prabu

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Prabu,

If you are running a windows client with a named CAL leased from the server then you are NOT running Personal Edition but the full blown thing (what used to be called Enterprise). Do you mean you share a named CAL with another user - how can that be?

So, if you are running a windows client with a leased licence you have no restrictions on what documents you can open or maintain (security considerations aside).

Regards,

Gordon

thomaswrieck
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

So, what you are basically saying is that a Personal Edition QlikView Client cannot be licensed using CALs distributed by a QV Server ?

or the other way around .... which QV Client do I need to be able to use CALs (Named User) ?

Thx

Thomas