Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Reload option from Access point

Hi

I applied external action called 'Reload' for a button object in order to reload the qlik application when user clicks on Button thru Access point, but no action is been performed thru Access point from browser when I copied the document (qvw) in Access point folder.

When I open the qvw file in Qlikview app then it is reloading the application when I click on button object but same is not being worked in Access point(IE/Mozilla browser).

Appreciate the quick response.Thanks!.

Mahi.

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

This action won't work in server, but maybe have a look at

How to reload qlikview file from access point

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Actually, the reason why this Reload button works in QV Desktop and doesn't work in the AccessPoint is simple:

• In QV Desktop, you have a reload engine at your disposal in the same application as the one that is displaying and  managing the User Interface. It's all integrated.
  • In the AccessPoint, there is just the QlikView server service (QVS) which does the displaying of objects, sheets and data, and handles all your interactions with listboxes, charts and buttons through selections and object clicks (and a lot more on top of that). But the QlikView Server doesn't have a reload engine and therefor doesn't know what to do with the load script that is present in the displayed QVW.

So the reload button in the AccessPoint has no one to talk to. On the other hand, on a server everything related to the reloading and distribution of QVWs on disk is handled by an entirely different process called the QlikView Distribution Service. The QDS has a secret component (another separate application) called QVB.exe that does the reloading and distribution of disk-based QVWs (mind you, not QVWs that are loaded in RAM and that you are seeing in the AccessPoint). The only method to reload a disk-based QVW is to signal the QDS to start a blackbox QVB.exe reload engine and renew the QVW on disk. You can do this by kicking an already defined QDS task into action, and that is exactly how the EDX mechanism works.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter for detail information and also will you let me know the detail steps to make how to invoke the distribution service process/EDX to reload the correspoanding .qvw from a button object.

Thanks,

Mahi

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Read the article Stefan's second link points to (by Stefan Walther)