cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview SBE custom users

Hi 2 All,

One our client wants to start with Qlikview SBE but he has users in Linux Directory also they do not have budget

for Qlikview  EE.  so I want to know that how there users will be managed in Qlikview

that is does QV Small Business Edition allows Creation of Custom user or how SBE will pick up users as SBE

only supports AD? 

Thanks

Anant

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Guys!!  any help on this looking for your valuable info and help?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

ANY IDEA ON THIS??

francoiswiid
Partner - Contributor III

Hi

Although you can connect to a configurable LDAP or create custom users, the problem is going to be with Document Authorization. Only NTFS can be used with SBE to set which users can access which apps.

So if you go to the file permissions of that qvw, you will not be able to add a Linux or QV Custom user in that list, you will only be able to add domain or local users.

You can create local users on that server and give those usernames and passwords to the users to login with. Not ideal, but there must be some limitations with SBE to justify the cost saving.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I can understand what you tried to say I appreciate your response.

Does this means SBE is designed keeping in AD and no other directory?

What if customer say no to EE and give away thought of QV Implementation

if he is not convinced with work around you suggested?

hmm Thanks any way.

anant

francoiswiid

SBE clearly indicates No DMS in the license, only other alternative seems to be NTFS, NTFS can only be assigned to domain or local users.

So from this, yes, it seems like SBE is designed only for AD.

You need to confirm with the account manager (who sold the license) if there aren't any other options with SBE.

You don't want to tell a customer that they cannot proceed, if the account manager doesn't have any input in this.