Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Server Performance?

I have a Qlikview application that has a pivot table with 9 dimensions and another 7 calculated dimensions, plus 2 expressions.

What i don't understand is when the pivot table (93,000 rows) is selected the server appears to never use anymore that 30% of CPU.

But the application is slow; why does the server not use more CPU power to return the pivot table result set quicker?

The Qlikview Server is a a virtual server with 20GB of dedicated memory allocated to qlikview.

The physical computer has 32GB of physical memory with other processes running on it as well as the virtual qlikview server.

Any help appreciated.

4 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Kevin,

have you already had a look at the settings in your QMC, on the "System" tab under "Setup -> QlikView Servers"?

Best regards,

DataNibbler

marcus_sommer

Not each calculation will be executed parallel on all cores which probably happens by such a complex object with a lot of dimensions especially by calculated dimensions.

Further could be the VM cause (heavily) lower performance if they isn't configured properly - no sharing from RAM or CPU, no partitioning from RAM and some more settings.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

QMC Settings.png

Hi, here's the settings what should i be aiming for?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you look at the task manager while chart is calculating, is any of the four cores running near 100% or are all cores just around 30%?