cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview Trigger to select in field is clearing previous selections

Hi All,

I urgently need a help on Qlikview triggers. I have added a trigger of select in fleld on document property for Tab B which means whenever a user go into the tab selections will made as per the trigger however the problem I am facing is if the user has made any selections already from tab A and then goes into Tab B whatever selection he she have made in Tab A are cleared and selections mentioned in the trigger are made.

Is there any way I can avoid clearing of selections from Tab A  after getting into Tab B with triggers of 'select in field'?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Yashodhan

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi it sounds like user selections are being cleared because they are not associated in the data model with the selections you make via triggers on tab B. Can you share a sample document or some examples so we may be able to help you better.

Nicole-Smith

It shouldn't be clearing your fields from tab A if you're only using "Select in field".  The only reason it would be clearing them is if the triggers you have on tab B aren't valid at the same time as the selections on tab A, so it has to clear them out in order to make the new selections.

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

This sounds like standard behaviour, like if you make another selection on a standard list box.

You may be able to do some think along the the lines of

GetFieldSelections(Field)&'Our selection'

Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You could try putting a couple of list boxes on tab B for fields that users make selections on in Tab A. Then when you activate the selections via the triggers on tab B see what colour the values in the list boxes are. If they are green they are currently selected, if they are white they are associated with the current selections and if they are grey (which I suspect they will be) this means they are not associated with the current selections triggered on tab B. I hope this makes sense.