Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview as tab in Salesforce

Does anyone have the steps necessary to add or create a tab in Salesforce that relates back to a Qlikview file? I've seen screenshots of this on the Qlikview site but do not know the steps to reproduce it.

I have the desktop version of Qlikview installed and a user license for Salesforce. I have succesfully used the .dll custom file to access salesforce tables in Qlikview but don't know how to publish these files back into Salesforce.

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure there is a good way to do this actually inside of salesforce. One way that we did something similar was to create a new tab with a Visualforce page that was just an iframe to our actual Qlikview dashboard on our Qlikview webserver.

So I think you need to have the webserver running where the dashboard is published, and then you can frame it into Salesforce.

If you go this route, FYI, make sure to use the Ajax client in your url so that you don't have to worry about which browser the user is using.

Not applicable
Author

You need the QlikView Server product along with either QlikView Webserver or IIS to host the QlikView application in an AJAX interface. Then you can create an iframe within Salesforce that points to the URL of the AJAX application. The physical server that hosts the QlikView Server has to be "in the cloud", or on the internet, so that Salesforce.com can access it.