Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview behavior when clicking on grey values

I am trying to analyze in which cases Qlikview  (v 11.2 SR3) overselects the green (selected) values and when it doesn't.

Here is my description to better understand what we are trying to analyze:

We have one datamodel, that consists of several tables (no star scheme) and for example the following 2 fields:

State and RetailerName.

They are in 2 different tables.

When I select the RetailerName "Bartels", the associates state (white) is "MV" . When I then click on one excluded (grey) state, e.g. "BW", nothing happens. The selection remains. However, when you select several excluded (grey) states such as "BW"+"BE" the whole selection is changed and Qlikview overwrites the green RetailerName "Bartels".

We have another example, the typical Qlikview Calendar that exists within the same datamodel.

Here I took 2 different fields: Year and Date. When I select the Date " 23.02.2013 ", the associated Year (white) is "2013" . When I then click on only one excluded (grey) year, e.g. "2012", the selection is overwritten and "23.02.2013" is deselected and Year "2012" selected (green). The other way around, it does not work: A grey Date does not overselect a green Year. However, several grey Dates doe overselect a green Year….

There are several cases when we do not understand when clicking on grey overwrites a selection and when it doesn't. I could not figure out a pattern.

Does anybody know? Thanks a lot.

2 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

I can't reproduce the issue while I am using same verision of QV. Can you please share a sample where the issue can be tested?

Not applicable
Author

Sorry unfortunately i cannot upload the example.

But meanwhile we figured out that setting "always one selected value" in a listbox is the cause. We could also reproduce it in a sample app.

Too bad since we need "always one selected value" for the country, but this way you can not really rely on green-white-grey behavior, or at least the  green- grey behavior.