Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexJohnsyn
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlikview border style not showing up in web

Hey,

I've recently deployed a dashboard using the "raised" and "depressed" border styles from the layout tab (mostly for text boxes). Unfortunately, this doesn't show up in the web version.. it's changed it to simple white borders for both options.. 

Is there any way to fix this so the styles show up in web? I'm really desperate here since I spent 2 hours changing all the borders in each tab just to find out they don't work.. Hope this has a resolution!

thank you all!

Labels (4)
5 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Alex, everything points to this being as expected behavior from what I have been able to find:

Advanced Layout properties

The above article summarizes things and from the cases I found in the defect system, these were all labeled working as expected in Ajax client, they only have meaning in Desktop and IE Plugin clients, which I suspect is part of the reason we turned off the Advanced feature by default after I thought about things.  Sorry I do not have better news for you.  The good news though is to reset, just reset things on the Layout tab via Settings\Document Properties\Layout tab settings, and you can use the Apply to button there to choose to mod everything back as before I believe...

Doc Layout Props.png

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
AlexJohnsyn
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

thank you! it's a pity though some of these styling effects get lost in web view.. do you know if there are any plans on fixing this?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Alex, from what I was able to find, it does not appear to be on the Roadmap at the moment.  That could change, but my expectation at this point would be that it is unlikely that will be undertaken.  What I can do is shout out to the product manager and let him have a look just to see, and he may be able to comment further, but no guarantees, but I will ask.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
AlexJohnsyn
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I would truly appreciate that! 

thank you Brett!

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey Alex, have received confirmation there is nothing on the RoadMap to make the functionality available in the Ajax client, so you will want to not use that feature if you are going to run all Ajax clients etc., as it will not do anything for them.  Shout if you have further questions, but hopefully this confirms everything and you can move forward knowing what is possible and is not possible.  Sorry I do not have better news for you on this one.

Regards,
Brett