Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview desktop does not open (Windows Security?)

Hello,

We have installed the QV Personal Edition v10 in a new Windows installation and everything seems ok. QlikView Desktop opens and we have created a new QV document with no problem at all.

The weird thing is that after following days, the QV Desktop software is not opening any more. In the windows service list, it appears, but nothing is shown in the screen.

Any time I try to open a QV document (double qlicking it in the windows file explorer) it shows me an error message saying that the QV file cannot be found.

We have reinstalled the QV Desktop software (with administrator rights) and it works fine again... but after a few days it happens again.

Any clue? I am driving mad with this...

Many thanks

Javier

4 Replies
its_anandrjs

Hi,

You check the Qlikview services it is working fine or not or when stop working check services stop or started.

Regards,

Anand

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It is only QV Desktop installation, not server. So there are no QlikView services running.

Regards

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

while opening the document did you checked wither that file is available at location.

for ex: if i want to open test.qvw then it shoul be available at location from where you opened earlier.

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, the file is in that location. In fact I am trying to open it also by double qlicking it and it raises the same error.

I have found this thread, and I am pretty sure that is the same issue: http://community.qlik.com/message/210904.

Thanks