Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview iPad Application / QVW Files

G'day QV Community;

Nice upgrade to the site, looks a treat.

Down to business - Some of our executives like to use their brand spanking new iPads to view QlikView reports. This is great when using the app, but they are often on the road  (or air, if you will) and as a result use the desktop application to read the qvw (Which is sent daily) as an 'Offline' copy of the report in case they have no internet access. However, this requires them to have their laptops with them... but of course they would like it all available on their iPad.

Does the iPad application have the ability to read QVW files without connecting to the QV server? (ie: Get the QVW file from Outlook and open it).

Hope someone can give an answer, unfortunately I don't have an iPad available to test anything...

Regards;

Kieran Boyce

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I heard Qliktech is thinking about it but currently it's not possible.

Hope someone can tell something different.

Regards,

Erich

View solution in original post

6 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I heard Qliktech is thinking about it but currently it's not possible.

Hope someone can tell something different.

Regards,

Erich

MichaelTerenzi
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Have you considered distributing pdf reports via email, say on a daily basis, as an immediate alternative?

5-12-2011 11-32-19 PM.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Erich;

Hopefully it is included in a future release.

Not applicable
Author

Michael;

Is that QV Publisher? We aren't using that (Yet) but it might be worth considering for this purpose.

MichaelTerenzi
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Kieran,

Yes that is a distribution feature of QV Publisher and might also require a PDF distribution license (Publisher addon) depending on how and what you choose to do. There are some threads here and here that might also help.

Cheers!

Not applicable
Author

Hey Kieran,

i have checked with the qlikview app without connecting to the internet it will give an error.."it could not connect to the server ".but we can use the qlikview,if the device where qlikview app installed will connect to the internet,even if we are not connected to the qlikview server.