Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview on linux

Hi

i want to run qlikview on linux .does it run on linux?pls reply me from where i can get Qlikview for linux.

Thanks

Manasa

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I don't think they have a linux version. But you can easily run a vm with windows and run qlikview through that.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

QlikView is a Windows application. Although you can run AJAX client on anything, including linux.

Regards,
Michael

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael

Thanks for quick reply.can you pls share with me detailsfrom where i will get AJAX client & implent it.

Not applicable
Author

Are you wanting to develop reports in linux or just view them?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure i can help much here...

AJAX is a only a zero footprint client. That means that
a) Application still must be developed in QlikView Developer which is installed in Windows environment
b) Use Objects Client Page Generator in QV Develper to create html pages. I don't have experiense with this, so try to find here on QV Server forum.
c) Install and run QV Server, which is also must be based on Windows platform.
d) From the linux box, run any web borwoser, and navigate to QV Server-based QV applicarion.

Regards,
Michael

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I run Ubuntu 10.04 with Wine and I can work on QV in Linux. No VM required.

Follow this link http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=18663

Regards,

Werner

Not applicable
Author

how is the performance of QilkView on Linux platform ?

Not applicable
Author

I have QV10 running on Fedora 14 using Wine with an added installation of gdiplus.dll via the winetricks-script. Haven't done any real perfomance tests yet but it seems to be working fine.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

did you mange to make vbscript work?

Thanks!

Stefan