Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview vs Excel !!

Hello,

I heard on dashboards with Excel 2010 ,2013 and the ability to load data rows from the ERP business, then building dashboards which contains any KPI .

In this case we no longer need to adopt any  BI tool like Qlikview to build a dashboard.

I want to know the limits of dashboards in Excel that are present in the BI tools exceptionallu QlikView ??

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoWedel

Hi,

I think this comparison of BI tools could help you find some answers:

http://www.qlik.com/at/explore/resources/analyst-reports/gartner-magic-quadrant-business-intelligenc...

In the Microsoft world you probably would not only use Excel but PowerView, PowerPivot, SharePoint and Excel Services as well.

regards

Marco

View solution in original post

7 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Try to load 100 million of records from different tables and interact with data ....

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

One is

in excel for large data it need to write some macro. and even for large data it will not support.

but qlikview can trick on large data also.

if you have multiple Excels for different type of data then  we can combine all those data into one qlikview

Sunil Chauhan
its_anandrjs

Hi,

Qlikview is In-Memory analysis tool and some where it it provides all excel functions and VBA also. And if we need to load large data sets with in large number of rows and in large capacity of the data base files qlikview read it easily and convert this into its understandable format that is QVD.

Thanks & Regards

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Associative Memory

Visualization

Presentation

Efficient

Complex

Faster

ETC

ETC

ETC

MarcoWedel

Hi,

I think this comparison of BI tools could help you find some answers:

http://www.qlik.com/at/explore/resources/analyst-reports/gartner-magic-quadrant-business-intelligenc...

In the Microsoft world you probably would not only use Excel but PowerView, PowerPivot, SharePoint and Excel Services as well.

regards

Marco

Not applicable
Author

Hey my friends, here is my project overview. I prefer to do it in Qlik but my client is asking me to do it on power pivotal. I would like to know is there any technical comparesion between these two that i can use to support my argument?. I want to convenes my client to go with Qlik, please let me know if you have any good technical points that i can use.

Project Overview: Extract data from several excel and database sources and publish reports. data refresh once a day in source.

Not applicable
Author

Hello All,

Thanks for this informative post. We proposed QlikView over SSAS+ProClarity to our client and now client is asking why not PowerPivot, PowerView as we are using MSBI stack , why QlikView?

I would like to support points in favour of QlikView and so I need very strong available features in QlikView and not available in PowerPivot or Power View.