cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview with HIVE

Hey Expert,

We were thinking of big data implementation with qlikview. We want to store our historical data in HIVE and use it with qlikview. Are you aware of any connectors? Or would you like to share your own experience of big data implementation with qlikview.

Any insight is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

9 Replies
marcus_sommer

Maybe this is helpful: How to connect Hadoop Hive

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Have you implemented it in any of your project. I am asking as I have some questions.

marcus_sommer

No, I haven't. I know only that others like rbecher have done it.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marcus, it is very helpful indeed. I read the post and conversation below the post.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

‌I think all major Hadoop distributors provide ODBC drivers for Hive. Just download it from their website and read instructions.

However, there are reasons to use JDBC connectivity.

If you need this you can contact me directly: ralf.becher@tiq-solutions.de

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Ralf! I will contact you soon.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ralf,

Just need a quick clarification. You said all Hadoop distributors (cloudera, Hortonworks etc) provide ODBC drivers for Hive. Can't we use that ODBC driver to connect with qlikview application? I did not get completely the JDBC thing.

Thanks!

rbecher
MVP
MVP

‌Yes, you should try the ODBC driver first. But as I mentioned there could be situations where they might not work.

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Ralf. Really appreciate your input. I explore the tool and see how things work with a sample dataset. I will let you know if I come across any complex issues.

Thanks again!