cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question: How to Change Dates Format in Qlikview

Hi Experts,

I need assistance on how to convert the below Data-set into Qlikview Dates Pattern

Raw FormatDesired
1499-08-102017-08-10

Kind Regards,

Thabiso@

7 Replies
marcus_sommer

The year-number seems quite odd. Are you sure it's really 1499 and that's really a date and that other dates there have a similar pattern? From which tool is the value and it's just a string or has it also a numeric interpretation?

- Marcus

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Why you want desired as 2017? Does it make sense to you because in DB is showing 1499 and Qlikview needs 2017.. May be provide logic behind of each Raw Format you are getting from? And what does date field contain??

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Guys,

I was just giving an example as of i would like to see something like that i used 2017 as an example Year,

see below raw Data set and advise?

Dates.JPG

Or
MVP
MVP

You'll have to explain what the conversion logic is - we have no way of knowing what these "raw dates" correspond to.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

It seems to be unix date. Try like:

Date(MakeDate(1970,1,1)+ACTUAL_DATE_END/24/60/60) as Date

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tresesco,

Thank you so much your solutions works like Magic see below output i get.

I will surely add this on my QV Dates Solution List, Thank you!!! Also thank you other Guys for helping me out,

For now i will try to make it show only only one date period per row rather than duplicates, see first two records.

Dates_Solution.JPG

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try using floor() like:

Date( Floor(MakeDate(1970,1,1)+ACTUAL_DATE_END/24/60/60)) as Date

And yes, mark the right post/reply as helpful/correct.