Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Question about automate email send of log file

Hi all,

Is it possible to generate an script in qlikview or some option in the publisher, that when an automate load fails, qlikview sends and email with the logfile (xxxx.qvw.log) attached?

This question is regarding an issue, that we have a productive enviroment with no direct access, and when an automate load fails, we need to get the logfile immediately to our develop environment.

Thanks!

8 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

With QV Server you already have this functionality. Are you using QVS or automation through command line?

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Yes, we are using QVS, but where is this functionality in the server??

Thanks!

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Just add the recipient's email address under QEMC --> System --> Distribution Service --> Alert Email. When a task fails, that recipient will get an email with the relevant part of the log file (i.e. the errors).

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Vlad,

Is this functionality working for you? I cannot get the system to send me a message when a reload fails. I can get QEMC to send me a test message, but when I run a Task that I make fail, no email.

Any ideas?

JS

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Vlad Gutkovsky wrote:recipient will get an email with the relevant part of the log file (i.e. the errors).

Vlad, that is a snippet from the QDS TaskLog, which is generally not enough information to resolve the problem. What the OP asked for was the Document Log, which I've often wished could be an attachment to the alert email. Any ideas?

-Rob

michael_klix
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Rob,

just found this 8-year old post of you. Is there any way meanwhile to send the document.qvw.log in case the reload fails?

I did not find anything yet.

- Keep Qliking -

Michael

michael_klix
Creator II
Creator II

All,

I know the question is pretty old but there is still no soultion out of the box available, I think.

Would this be an option?

Tool to read a logfile and allow mailing as pdf Report

Beware:

You Need Publisher and the possibility to mail pdf reports, which is a license type that was used before nPrinting.

And as it runs as qvw, it needs to be added as an individual task with Trigger "reload failed" for any desired log to be surveilled. So it is worth the effort only for reloads that tend to fail, e.g. because the input files change format frequently.

carlcimino
Creator II
Creator II

I don't understand how this is not an out of the box capability for both QV and QS. Get it on a list!