Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Question about report functionality

Hi to all, I'm new with qlikview and I'm trying to create a static report to print using only several columns of an object.

I'd like to create a button to print a report.

The report should contain only several columns of all available columns (PERSON_ID, DESCRIPTION, AGE, FIRST_NAME, LAST_NAME) and these values should be positioned in the output report in different places.

If I drag the whole object inside my report I can print the information but I can't choose the position and I can't add some values.

Can someone suggest me the best way to accomplish this task?

Thank you to all for the support.

Best regards

Fabrizio

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Add a new sheet to your qlikview document. Add a new textbox object and use as text: =[Person ID]. Add another textbox object with as text =[Description]. These textboxes will show only a '-' on the sheet. That's fine.

Create a new report. Drag the two textboxes on the report and position them where you want them. Then open the page properties window and select the Banding tab. Now select Person ID as the field to loop over. Now run the report and select Preview to see what happens.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Create a new sheet. Copy the object to the new sheet. Modify the copy so it shows only the columns you need and in the order you need. Add that new object to your report. Then hide the new sheet by opening the properties window of the sheet and under Show Sheet select the option Conditional and enter 0 in the input box.

The report editor doesn't allow creating reports the way you can in for example MS-Access or Crystal Reports. You're limited to the sheet objects you create on Qlikview sheets.

Andrea_Ghirardello

Into QlikView reports you can drag and drop objects like pivot tables, straight tables, textboxes, etc. but you can't drag & drop columns of an object.

You should achieve the result you are looking for using macros that export single objects into excel.

Personally I think your needs require complex work and I tend to avoid macros for that kind of implementations.

I can suggest you use a specific software like NPrinting.

It allows you complex template configurations as you can see here:

http://help.vizubi.com/articles/HowTo/NPrinting-Features-for-Creating-Excel-Reports/?q=columns&l=en_...

Not applicable
Author

Hi, G, thank you for your reply, just a quick question , I need to place the values in different part of the report.

With your method, if I'm not wrong, the values will be placed in a tabular form. Is it possibile to pick, for instance, the value of the first column and place it in the left higher corner of the report and pick the value of the second column and place it the lower left corner of the report?

Thank you again for your precious help.

Best regards

Fabrizio

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can try using textboxes. You'll probably want enable banding in the page properties of the report.

Not applicable
Author

Dear G., thank you for your answer, could you help me to use textboxes ?

For instance, I have a table with 3 column

Person ID, Age, Description

I'd like to create a report with 

Person Id on the first row of the report (higher part) and Description on the bottom side of the report.

Could you give me more details on how to use textboxes to create this report?

Thank you again for your precious help.

Best regards

Fabrizio

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Add a new sheet to your qlikview document. Add a new textbox object and use as text: =[Person ID]. Add another textbox object with as text =[Description]. These textboxes will show only a '-' on the sheet. That's fine.

Create a new report. Drag the two textboxes on the report and position them where you want them. Then open the page properties window and select the Banding tab. Now select Person ID as the field to loop over. Now run the report and select Preview to see what happens.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you G, is perfect, I've tried and all seems to work very well.

Best regards

Fabrizio