cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theresaa
Contributor III
Contributor III

Question on Calendar Object in QlikView

I set a variable in my load script, one for starting calendar date, one for ending calendar date.  I used those as the min and max values on the properties of the calendar object.  The date that shows up in the object is correct (1/1/2017), but when I drop down the calendar icon to change it, I get only 2 years available (1990 and 1899) ??? Can anyone direct me to some examples or instructions on this issue?

calendarobject.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You may forget to add Min and Max options as below. Try to take variable name and then call Min Value as Start Date / End Date similar to Max Value. Then only calendar capture you have only these values to show case in UI.

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

6 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Can you show how your variables are defined in the script (they look like text instead of dates)?

theresaa
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

let vDateFormat = 'MM/DD/YYYY';

let IRDATE2 =  date(today()-1, '$(vDateFormat)');

let IRDATE1 = date(addmonths(today()-1, -1), '$(vDateFormat)');

Anil_Babu_Samineni

You may forget to add Min and Max options as below. Try to take variable name and then call Min Value as Start Date / End Date similar to Max Value. Then only calendar capture you have only these values to show case in UI.

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
theresaa
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for all the help.  Using Min Value and Max Value worked on getting the calendar object to display properly in the client.  Still having trouble getting it to render properly in the Ajax Client.  I'll keep trying!  Thanks again.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

What was the issue on AJAX client? Can you show the image

theresaa
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

So - here is the variables defined in the script:

Variables_in_script.png

Here is Calendar object (min and max are Calendar_object.pngof the dates from the data loaded into the app - not the variable)

When I first open the calendar object in Ajax, there are only 3 days available to select from:

3datesavailable.png

If I hit CLEAR, then open it again, it has all kinds of dates available:

alldatesavailable.png

Thanks in advance for your help.