Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Quick Set Analysis Question

Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a set analysis problem. I have two fields: SalesDate and Receiver. Both are selectable via multibox. I would like to present the Max(SalesDate) in a separate text box based on current Receiver.

Currently I have:

=Max( {$ <Receiver>} SalesDate )

This works fine until I change the SalesDate to something in the past. I'm sure this is a simple solution, I just need to be steered in the right direction. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nicole
Contributor II
Contributor II

Maybe this:

Max({$<SalesDate=>} SalesDate)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I don't think you need Set Analysis at all... Using basic QlikView functionality, the expression max(SalesDate) will return the max available SalesDate. If a specific Receiver is selected, the furmula will return the max Date associated with that specific Reciever.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Oleg.

I'm still running into a problem when I change the SalesDate in the multibox though. If the max SalesDate is 1/31/2010 and I select the SalesDate 1/28/2010 in the multibox, then the max(SalesDate) function returns 1/28/2010.

I would like the returning value in the text box to be the max of the entire SalesDate set belonging to the selected Receiver, regardless of a change in date in the multibox.

Not applicable
Author

Would a screen shot help anyone?

nicole
Contributor II
Contributor II

Maybe this:

Max({$<SalesDate=>} SalesDate)

Not applicable
Author

How about this:

=max( {<SalesDate=>} SalesDate)