Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qvc.qvs File

Hi,

i want to use QlikView Components and i need to know how to do.

i know that we must include the qvc.qvs file in the beginning of the script but i didn't find it in the distribution downloaded from github.

I need to know how to find this file.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Apparently, it's not available anymore in the current distribution.

But do not despair, you can very easily (re)create it yourself. Create a new empty Qvc.qvs file in a text editor and paste the contents of Qvc_Global.qvs at the top; then paste every qvs file you plan to use in your document script (or all of them alphabetically).

Even simpler (and this one gives you the option to update single library routines by replacing a single Qvc file with a newer version): use $(Include=...) or $(Must_Include=...) constructs in your document load script to include individual library routines and nothing more. Always start with $(Must_Include=Qvc_Global.qvs)

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Apparently, it's not available anymore in the current distribution.

But do not despair, you can very easily (re)create it yourself. Create a new empty Qvc.qvs file in a text editor and paste the contents of Qvc_Global.qvs at the top; then paste every qvs file you plan to use in your document script (or all of them alphabetically).

Even simpler (and this one gives you the option to update single library routines by replacing a single Qvc file with a newer version): use $(Include=...) or $(Must_Include=...) constructs in your document load script to include individual library routines and nothing more. Always start with $(Must_Include=Qvc_Global.qvs)

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

well done thank u.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you feel like your question has been answered, please close the discussion by marking an answer as Correct. The correct answer will also appear in the frame of your original post, making it easier for other visitors to find Question & Answer.

Note that "closing a discussion" will not block you from posting additional comments in this thread.

Best,

Peter