Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
BARC’s The BI Survey 19 makes it official. BI users love Qlik. GET REPORT
Highlighted
Not applicable

Random null values in variables

Dear Community,

I am relatively new QlikView user.

While developing my app I bumped into as believed unusual problem. I assigned functions into variable (in my case to get sub-string from selected field) and it worked perfect till yesterday... Randomly, the variable gets null value when different element of list box (on which functions are based) is selected. When I click clear button, the variable reset to correct value. Functions printed in text object always work fine. So I created clear all trigger on my list box when selected, but it didn't help. I will be very grateful for any idea which could solve the problem.

4 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Random null values in variables

There may be a space in the selected filed.

Not applicable

Hi Anna,

Please could yo post the code?

Not applicable

These are key part of my code:

text(num(year(datatmp))& '-' & num(Month(datatmp),'00')) as TextYM, this is my list box created in master calendar

vDateSelection =text(GetFieldSelections(TextYM))

vPreviousDate=FieldValue('TextYM', FieldIndex('TextYM','$(vDateSelection)')-1),
vPreviousMonth=right(FieldValue('TextYM', FieldIndex('TextYM','$(vDateSelection)')-1),2)

while function in vDateSelection always shows right values, vDateSelecion itself sometimes gets null, vPreviousDate and vPreviousMonth get null too.

Not applicable

I owe an explanation to Qlik Community  After loading my app on server the problem, which I described simply disappeared. Therefore I assume it was general the problem with memory capacity; since I implemented vast number of variables it was hard to refresh values to all of them via desktop Qlikview.