Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
BARC’s The BI Survey 19 makes it official. BI users love Qlik. GET REPORT
Highlighted
Not applicable

RangeSum-Above-Combination in Pivot-(Cross-)Table

Hello experts,

I would need some help in finding an expression for accumulating values in a pivot-table, where the leading dimension is used as "x-axis". Unfortunately the typical approach with rangesum and above does not work anymore, once the dimension is shown horizontally. I also tried adding TOTAL without success.

As you will find in the enclosed example-file the formula works, when the dimension ("Period") is used vertically. But as those are e.g. weeks and the other Dimension ("Id") has a lot entries with long names I would like to use them in the described way.

In the example-file is also a possible solution, but I would like to avoid to copy the same formula 50-times into the same diagram. - Do you have ideas, how to solve that in a more elegant way?

Thank you very much in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Re: RangeSum-Above-Combination in Pivot-(Cross-)Table

Okay, finally I found the right solution...  and I know, I still have to learn a lot about QV...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable

Okay, finally I found the right solution...  and I know, I still have to learn a lot about QV...

View solution in original post

i_bagnoli
Contributor

Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing!!!!!!! Really good and useful!!!

Not applicable

Just to complete this topic ...

Finally I went a totally different way after the application got some bad performance problems with my 7000 x 100 table. Furthermore I had to change the formula, depending on its usage (diagram/pivot table/sum table) what wouldn't really help in maintenance...

I made a very small extention in my load script, which helped for all cases...  The example is attached.

Hope it will help someone some day...  🙂