Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

RangeSum-Above-Combination in Pivot-(Cross-)Table

Hello experts,

I would need some help in finding an expression for accumulating values in a pivot-table, where the leading dimension is used as "x-axis". Unfortunately the typical approach with rangesum and above does not work anymore, once the dimension is shown horizontally. I also tried adding TOTAL without success.

As you will find in the enclosed example-file the formula works, when the dimension ("Period") is used vertically. But as those are e.g. weeks and the other Dimension ("Id") has a lot entries with long names I would like to use them in the described way.

In the example-file is also a possible solution, but I would like to avoid to copy the same formula 50-times into the same diagram. - Do you have ideas, how to solve that in a more elegant way?

Thank you very much in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Okay, finally I found the right solution...  and I know, I still have to learn a lot about QV...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Okay, finally I found the right solution...  and I know, I still have to learn a lot about QV...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing!!!!!!! Really good and useful!!!

Not applicable
Author

Just to complete this topic ...

Finally I went a totally different way after the application got some bad performance problems with my 7000 x 100 table. Furthermore I had to change the formula, depending on its usage (diagram/pivot table/sum table) what wouldn't really help in maintenance...

I made a very small extention in my load script, which helped for all cases...  The example is attached.

Hope it will help someone some day...  🙂