Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Save the Date: QlikWorld Online, June 24-25, 2020. Free global virtual event for data integration and data analytic gurus. Register Today
Highlighted
Contributor II

Rangesum() - bar graph shows value where there is no data

Hi All,

Thanks for your time, I have this scenario where I load the detail data into the QV table and use the rangesum function at the hart level - I have 2 years of calendar table and in one of my source we do load the future months with a value of 0

for Ex: we have calendar table from Jan 2017 to Dec 2018 and in one of the source data we have data for future months or example May 2018, Jun 2018, Jul 2018, Aug 2018, Sep 2018 ...until Dec 2018 we load with a value of 0 (why we do that is to show the 24 months in the graph so that all 2 years numbers are see at one view)

for some reason I see the value where there is no data - In the below graph I should not be seeing the May 2018 to Dec 2018 but the 163 value is repeated for each future month

Dimension:=Date(monthname(CalendarDates),'MMM-YY') 

Expression: rangesum(above(TOTAL  sum(ML_QtyLic),0,Rowno(TOTAL)))

Continuous property in axis is disabled - why is 163 showing for the months where there is no data? If can I show 0 that should be fine - thanks a lot for your time

my tables look like below

3 Replies
Highlighted
MVP
MVP

Re: Rangesum() - bar graph shows value where there is no data

The expression is correct and the value of 163 is the correct accumulated value for the future months when nothing is added or removed for any of the future months.

Highlighted
New Contributor II

Hi Raj,

Just modify the expression as:

if(Date> Today(), ' ', rangesum(above(TOTAL  sum(ML_QtyLic),0,Rowno(TOTAL))))

Also, Tick Suppress Null values in the Dimesnion Tab.

Highlighted
New Contributor II

Here Date is the column in my sample data which contains dates coming from Master Calendar. Just replicate that suiting your script.