Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Rather complex diagram - formula correct, but not displayed?!

Hi,

I have an enormously complex diagram in every one of my apps - an overview on the "frontpage" of all the KPIs in that app - that might exist of 10 or 12 lines (one for every KPI), each with

- an individually calculated YTD value/ average

- an individual status_light (green or red), calculated based on that

=> Every one of those 10 or 12 calculations is present twice.

That makes for quite complex formulas with a shitload of brackets.

Now, in one of my apps where there are 12 lines, everything was fine until a few days back when I built in something quite complex.

=> Since then, the YTD_values are displayed all right, but the status_lights are just not there anymore.

I have already looked in the editor of course, but all the formulas are correct, all the brackets are in place, all the fields and variables are available. There just isn't any apparent reason why the status_lights should not be calculated.

Mind: There isn't any error or anything, the formulas are just not shown...

Has anyone experienced something like this before? Is there any limit to resource_usage or to the nr. of nested IFs I can use or whatever?

I have no clue, so I'd be grateful for any hint that I can follow up.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Reply
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

solved 😉

Complex as a thing may be, the solution to its not working is usually simple 😉

I had a simple typo in one of the formulas which I didn't see because with that $() the syntax-check is deactivated for the variables...

It's always surprising, but as soon as you do a thing right, it usually works...