cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Read data from multiple tabs in excel

Hi,

I need assistance on the following:

I have an excel sheet that has multiple tabs, in each tab i want to read the data and do a sum and count.

this what the 1st tab has:

Untitled.jpg

- on this data i want to sum (portfolio) per bank and none

The other tab has:

Untitled1.jpg

Here are I want to sum(MY_LIMIT) and count(FREQ) per PGM_AREA,

After all this has been done, I want to add the sum(portfolio) from the excel to the one on the QVD, the same for the sum(MY_LIMIT) and count(FREQ)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

you can load the data into 2 seperate tables by doing 2 load statments - when you are crating the load scripts, and you select table files from the load from, you will have a choice of which sheet to read and load on the first screen of the file wizard.  You will go through the process twice, once for each sheet - this will create the 2 load statements

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

you can load the data into 2 seperate tables by doing 2 load statments - when you are crating the load scripts, and you select table files from the load from, you will have a choice of which sheet to read and load on the first screen of the file wizard.  You will go through the process twice, once for each sheet - this will create the 2 load statements

Not applicable
Author

the syntax will build itself - do a load from Excel like you normally do and the system creates the load syntax

see attached - you go through the standard process of using the wizard to import data from Excel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot

Not applicable
Author

no problem - hope it helps

jsut be careful of synthetic keys since it looks like several columns have the same name.  You may want to Qulaify a table, and then unqulaify the field you want to use to join the 2 tables together

Not applicable
Author

Let me try that now,

I will reply to this when its working