Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Records disappearing

Hello,

I am new to QlikView and I have a document that pulls data from 2 different tables (all of them using the same field names) so the concatenation of all the tables works great without any problems. However when I load the resident table some of my records dissappear. The only possible issue I know is that I have invoices and credits the have the exact same number but they have different days (I have unique numbers for invoices and unique numbers for credits, but some of those numbers repeat between the two).

My Script is as follow:

Main:

SELECT invoice, trntype, invdate, ccode, total FROM  invoices;

Concatenate

SELECT invoice, trntype, invdate, ccode, total FROM  credits;

***from this I have invoice 106948 (one for credit and one for invoices) and I also have invoice 105169 (again one for credits and one for invoices)

****However my problem begins with the next load:

NoConcatenate
Data:
Load *, Year(invdate)AS Year, Month(invdate) AS Month, Date(invdate,'DD MMM YYYY') AS Date Resident Main;

Drop Table Main;

***from this I lose both credits and only see invoices for 106948 and 105169

Can anybody help me figure out what am doing wrong? I have tried RowNo() without any luck. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

Load your CUSTH table in first.

Then:

Main:

LOAD *, Year & '|' & Month & '|' lookup('salesrep','ccode',ccode,'CUSTH') as Key_Demand_Budget;

LOAD *, Year(invdate) AS Year, Month(invdate) AS Month, Date(invdate,'DD MMM YYYY') AS Date;

Concatenate (Main)

LOAD *, Year & '|' & Month & '|' lookup('salesrep','ccode',ccode,'CUSTH') as Key_Demand_Budget;

LOAD *, Year(invdate) AS Year, Month(invdate) AS Month, Date(invdate,'DD MMM YYYY') AS Date;

View solution in original post

24 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hugo:

I think we need to see your QVW file & maybe your date too..

Thanks.

CB.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Car,

Thank you for your reply, the source of my files is fox pro database tables..... but they would be big. How can I post a sample?

Thanks,

Hugo

Not applicable
Author

why didn't you have SQL command with ur select statements?

Not applicable
Author

Hello there, I have no idea why, this project was passed onto me and I just took the initial code and started analyzing. Do you think that command will have a huge impact in the results? Sorry I am just learning qlikview and I am not too familiar with it but I find it a very powerful tool.

Thanks,

Hugo

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you try this.. if it does not work .. please send us the qvw with some sample data.

Main:

Concatenate

***from this I have invoice 106948 (one for credit and one for invoices) and I also have invoice 105169 (again one for credits and one for invoices)

****However my problem begins with the next load:

Data:
NoConcatenate
Load *, Year(invdate)AS Year, Month(invdate) AS Month, Date(invdate,'DD MMM YYYY') AS Date Resident Main;

Drop Table Main;

Nicole-Smith

Why not just do it this way and avoid the resident load altogether?

Main:

Concatenate (Main)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I agree with Nicole ... that is the best way to go

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Nicole,

I am trying your solution as we speak, so using Resident tables can cause problems?

Thanks,

Hugo

Nicole-Smith

They shouldn't.  But there is no need to use a resident table here.  I always try and go with the least amount of code, and the way I did it would be that.