Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Recovering Corrupt Document

I have been developing a document and included some changes to the load script, when re-loading the data there was probably an issue with the load script and the application exited.

Now I can't open the document again, just get the message that the document failed to load.

I have seen many similar posts to this problem, but no resolutions. Is there any recovery tool available to enable me to re-open this document or is it gone for ever?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gustav_Guldberg
Employee
Employee

Hi,

The Easter egg settings mentioned earlier are "ScriptRescue" and "Layout Rescue".
Change "Value" to "1", click "Set" and close. Try to open the documents again, either via open or like Oleg suggested.

Regards,

Gustav

View solution in original post

16 Replies
quwok
Creator III
Creator III

Since it is a closed format, there is no recovery tools out there (at least none i know of). Your best bet is to contact QlikTech and see if they can recover any bits of it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There are ways to recover but you will need to have help from Qlikview. I know there are settings to do various recoveries if you go to HELP --> About Qlikview. Then Right -click on the QlikView Eye - con in the lower left hand corner. There is a setting that you need to change before opening the document.

Good luck,

JS

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If the document appears in your "Recently Opened Documents" on the Start Page, try right-clicking it and selecting "Open without data". Sometimes it helps opening corrupted documents.

Gustav_Guldberg
Employee
Employee

Hi,

The Easter egg settings mentioned earlier are "ScriptRescue" and "Layout Rescue".
Change "Value" to "1", click "Set" and close. Try to open the documents again, either via open or like Oleg suggested.

Regards,

Gustav

Not applicable
Author

Folks, many thanks the Easter egg suggestion fixed my problem.

Just a point though, I think there needs to be a proper tool for recovering these documents if the product is going to grow.

Although QlikView is a great product it is an 'all your eggs in one basket' solution. I'm very new to Qlikview, but it seems to me that de-coupling the data from the "code/layout" would be a good thing, unless I'm missing the point of QlikView.

I'd be interested to here any of you seasoned pro's comments

Thanks again for your time in helping me out.

alex59800
Contributor
Contributor

Hi got the same problem, out of virtual memory then no way to regsiter qvw, i add to quit it and when i try to open it i can not, and i got a message "failed to open document".

The funniest, is that i did not change anything in this doc, i was just reloding an other qvw in the same time when it happens.

Now the qvw concerned is 0 bytes large and no way toopen it, by this way or without data either.

How can i do ?

Thanks a lot

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I've been noticing sporadic problems when working with multiple documents at the same time - once a script of one document got replaced by the script from another document, another time the document failed to load while another document was open... These are definitely glitches, but they are very difficult to pin-point.

The only good suggestion (even though obvious) is to always keep good back ups for your important documents and have more than one version to go back to.

etay_netintent
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello

Such a tool exists from QV6.......

It was called QvwRescue.EXE and what it did was to change the registery value

Etay Elazar

Not applicable
Author

Hello Gustav,

I found your related post and hoping you might be able to help me. I'm new to QlikView, working with the free trial. I was so close to having a nice project finished up when QlikView was stuck "saving" after a simple change to the Script file so I used Windows <End Task>. Now the QVW file won't open, I get the message, "This file contains inconsistencies and cannot be opened by Personal Edition". I tried opening "without data" option but get same message.

Is there any way to recover at least the File Script?

Thanks,

Kirstin