Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Recovering Corrupt Document

I have been developing a document and included some changes to the load script, when re-loading the data there was probably an issue with the load script and the application exited.

Now I can't open the document again, just get the message that the document failed to load.

I have seen many similar posts to this problem, but no resolutions. Is there any recovery tool available to enable me to re-open this document or is it gone for ever?

16 Replies
Gustav_Guldberg
Employee
Employee

Hi Kristin,

I don't think you can with Personal edition unless the easter egg functions work like I described earlier.
Send the document to me and I can see if I can do something with a registered version.

Regards,

Gustav

Not applicable
Author

Hi Everyone,

I'm fighting with an apparently corrupt document, and am attempting to use the Easter Egg method.

Where is "Layout Rescue" in QV11?  I see "Script Rescue" in the list, but not Layout.

Thanks,

DJ

Not applicable
Author

Woohooo!  I installed QV10 on the server where this (large) corrupted QV file exists, and tried the "Layout Rescue" option above.  It worked!  A data-reduced version opened up, including the full UI and script, which is exactly what I was after.  Save'd As, reloaded, and everything is working fine.

Running "Script Rescue" in QV11 also worked, for the script, but we needed the UI dev updates more.

I'm going to [lightly] abuse our developer for not saving backup copies more often while developing, but this solution saved us many hours of re-coding.  Thanks!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Gustav

Can I recover a corrupt QVW document?  Please assist.

fatihtomruk
Contributor III
Contributor III

It didn't work on my document. what can I do?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Ggg,

The same doubts about this post that maybe you can help me. I changed my computer and I tried to copy my QVW to new computer but when I tried to open I got the mensage about “failed to open XXX.QVW”. If someone open my file in a QVW licensed and save as, will it possible to open in my new computer?

Thks
capriconuser
Creator
Creator

Hi .. i try to change this settings but i unable to open qlikview file