Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reduce Data Based on Date

I am attempting to make a 'quick view' of today's information. My issue is I have 3 separate databases I would like to bring into this one sheet. Each with their own 'time.' I have attempted to join them already and this has not worked... So instead I would just like to use a table box that displays today's information.

I would like to use a Calculation Condition within the table. I must be missing something obvious because I can easily get today date and time using just a text box as an output but when I try and put the same condition into my table box as a calculated condition it does not work. I am really only after the date, it gives me the date and time.

The field name: order_dateView is what field I would like it to reduce on.

=now(order_dateView)

Does any else have any ideas or other conditions/variations I could use?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Tom yes using a straight/pivot table did the trick. I then added my expression as seen above.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

Try it with the below to get all orders made today

NOW() - order_dateView < 1

HTH
Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hmm that does not appear to change the data in anyway.

Any other ideas?

Not applicable
Author

If you want to retrieve the date only you can use today() function ?

Then regarding the section access you should load a table with a DATETOLOAD field containing the today date as value.

Then you need to change field name for each date in your different DBs to rename to DATETOLOAD.

I hopoe this will be fine for you

Rgds,

Sébastien

Not applicable
Author

Not quite what I want. I want to show data just for today. I want to do this in Table Box using a calculated condition. I have other sheets within my qvw that need the full data set. This is why I just want to limit it to an object. This would be a summary screen, users could then go to the other tables to see more details for different days.

Is this possible?

Not applicable
Author

IF(fabs(intervall(DateField-Today(),'dd')) <1,1,0) * amount ... ??

Not applicable
Author

A table box is likely not the object you want, try using a straight table.

Not applicable
Author

Tom yes using a straight/pivot table did the trick. I then added my expression as seen above.

Thanks.