Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reg:Actions Rather than Macro

Hi All,

Wishes from Jai.I need small clarification regarding Actions with Macro.My question is when Should I use ACTIONS when should I use Macros.I need clarity on this.Bcoz some of events can be done in both Actions and Macros like Closing the QVW.In actions there is one event "Close This Document".Same can be done in MACRO also.So like this when Action need to be performed rather than Macros

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If it is something that be done by using Action, then use Action instead of macro. If not, use macro.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dude,

I cant get you.Could able to explain clearly

Not applicable
Author

actions are just some kind of built-in macros, i don't think there is much difference between calling an action and calling a macro doing the same thing

i think they were added to ease document development

also note that actions were added in version 9, so you'll have to use only macros if you want your document to have the same behavior in older versions

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jai,

What he was trying to say is Where ever qlikview has predefined functionality use that functionality. If some thing is not there in the predefined functionality then go for macro. Sine macro may slow down the Qlikview application performance. It is advisable not to use macros.

Earlier to Qv 9.0 most of Action which u can find now in some object was not there. After understanding the importance of action QlikTech has came up with these predefined actions.

Conclusion is, where ever the predefined functionality is available use that else go for Macro.

Hope I'm clear.

-Peterson