Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

qlikmpate0
Contributor II

Relating data not showing

I have a Qlikview document to show Requisitions, PO's and then the Accounts Payables. I'm missing some joins from the PO to AP as I do not get the relating AP information for a PO. I have added my document. Please can someone advise.

Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
13 Replies
Partner
Partner

Re: Relating data not showing

hi

the problem seems to be in the apinvdists table

it only have 29 rows in it

puttemans
Valued Contributor

Hello Mina,

After checking your file, I think the issue is in the links 'Join to AP invoices D' and 'Join to PO dists I' in your APInvDists table. They show subset ratios of 0.01% and 0.05% respectively. (so basically no fit) As there is no fit, you won't see a link in your data either. This could mean that your 2 fields you're linking each time are not similar. I'd start by checking those.

Regards,

Johan

check the join on

as [Join to PO Line Locs]

this does't have proper data

qlikmpate0
Contributor II

Thanks but not all data showing, do i need to do the loads differently ie reorder?

qlikmpate0
Contributor II

Show I load the tables differently to get the data i need?

puttemans
Valued Contributor

Hello Mina,

I'd first have a look at the different variables that make up your link.

e.g. AP_Invoice_Distributions_All.PO_DISTRIBUTION_ID vs PO_Line_Locations_All.LINE_LOCATION_ID

Put theze next to each other, and compare them. Best would be to do this for a PO/AP that should be common.

This is what you defined to be the link between AP & PO, but there seems to be a very limited fit. This may be due to a format difference, even though the data are similar. In that case, you re-format one of the variables so that they match, and the link becomes much stronger. This is similar for the other link I mentioned.

Regards,

Johan

its hard to tell ...can you please share the sample data or qvd so that we can help you out

qlikmpate0
Contributor II

My Ap Invoice distributions is out of sync with the other qvd's. This may be the problem, I'm just testing this now.

qlikmpate0
Contributor II

Hi Avinash,

Have you had a chance to have a look at the QVD's