Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload Script greyed out

I am using the Personal Edition

I am opening a file which steams from a server with authentification needed and which i saved locally on disk. I can open the file properly and edit the script.

Nevertheless, I cannot reload the script, since the option is greyed out. Could you help with this ?

Is this due to the use of Personal Edition ? Or would it be the same with the desktop edition because the document is kind of locked ?

Thanks

3 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

That's actually because of document security. In QlikView you can define what type of user each person is. The possibilities are either USER or ADMIN. You can then prevent people with USER rights from reloading via Document Properties >> Security. Strange that the admin gave you permission to view/edit the script, since that's usually disabled along with reload permissions, but that's what's going on.

Regards,

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

thanks!

does it mean that i cannot run any macro on this document, also when I have a desktop version of QLikView? Is there a way to COPY everything in the document and run macro on it, with either the PE or the licensed version ?

Thanks in advance

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

No, that has nothing to do with macros. You should be able to execute macros just fine. You just can't reload the QV script (i.e. refresh data in the app).

Vlad