Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerfwork
Contributor III
Contributor III

Reload Successful Email after scheduled reload in QMC

Hi guys,

I am trying to create an email alert once my QVW reloaded successfully in QMC. However, I tried a few different methods. It is only work successfully if I manual run. It won't work in QMC Task. 

1. Create Macro to send email and Call Macro in LOAD SCRIPT level

2. Create BAT file, EXECUTE BAT file in LOAD SCRIPT

3. Create a new QVW file just to EXECUTE BAT file, I scheduled it to run after my main QVW file ("On Event from Another Task")

Do you all have any suggestion?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Jeff

Labels (6)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Believe the issue is the security feature that is in the QlikView Batch process/Settings.ini file that needs to be allowed, here is an article which I believe may do the trick for you:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000030062

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Josh_Berg_Support

Jeff,

Is there a reason you weren't able to get the email notification function in the QMC  working in your environment?  This would email people after a task has completed for failed.  

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
jerfwork
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Josh,

Thanks for your replied. 

I am not so sure. But seem like if there is a script to execute BAT file or Marcro in LOAD Script level, the QMC task job will failed.

I received the job failed alert with below message from QMC alert.

31/05/2019 11:19:54 AM Error The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=C:\QV_Test\Notification Email.qvw.
31/05/2019 11:19:54 AM Error The task "QV_Test/Notification Email.qvw" failed. Exception:
QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=C:\QV_Test\Notification Email.qvw.
at QDSMain.AbstractReloadTask.VerifyConditions(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult)
at QDSMain.AbstractReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at QDSMain.AbstractReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)
at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult)
at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(CurrentExecutionArgs args)

Thank you.

Jeff

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Believe the issue is the security feature that is in the QlikView Batch process/Settings.ini file that needs to be allowed, here is an article which I believe may do the trick for you:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000030062

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
jerfwork
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Brett, I did this and everything work fine now. Thank you

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Awesome, I am glad that did the trick for you, good to know I still get one right occasionally! 🙂

Cheers,
Brett