Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload Time

Hello,

I want to know it you can make a task reload for example every 3 months or 4 months? because on the management console, the maximun is 1 month.

You can choose 90 days, but some months have 31 days and other less, so in a few months you are not longer do it at the end of the month.

Thanks for the help!

Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Daniel, assuming you have Publisher, if you set a monthly trigger, you can uncheck the months you don't want it to run. This works well if you want the task to execute every X months, where X is a factor of 12. For instance, if it's January and you want it to execute every 3 months, you could make sure only January, April, July, and October are checked. The following year it will start in January again. If you want it to execute every 4 months, you would check January, May, and September. And so on.

Don't quote me on this, but if you don't have Publisher I don't think the above options are available. You can then schedule advanced reloads use batch syntax and Windows Task Scheduler (or another task scheduler).

Vlad

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could use a trigger outside from qv maybe windows tasks. But you could also use a monthly trigger within the qmc and the load-script checked if it should run or not - like in this example: QV 11 / Start a reload task only if/ after source table is updated.

- Marcus

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Daniel, assuming you have Publisher, if you set a monthly trigger, you can uncheck the months you don't want it to run. This works well if you want the task to execute every X months, where X is a factor of 12. For instance, if it's January and you want it to execute every 3 months, you could make sure only January, April, July, and October are checked. The following year it will start in January again. If you want it to execute every 4 months, you would check January, May, and September. And so on.

Don't quote me on this, but if you don't have Publisher I don't think the above options are available. You can then schedule advanced reloads use batch syntax and Windows Task Scheduler (or another task scheduler).

Vlad