Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload failing before any code has been executed

Hi,

Has anyone ever came across a problem that is similiar to mine?

In one of my documents-it was working upto 2 days ago- will come up with the error message saying that execution has failed and to reload old data before any data has even been loaded.

I even put exit script before the variable declarations and it will still fail the reload and ask if I want to reload old data.

Any help is much appreciated as I am completely baffled as to why this is happening.

Thanks

3 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

You can try to generate a log file to check what is going on...

You can enable it at document properties -> General Tab -> Generate log file (on the right).

Then, during reload a file with the same name of your qvw will be generate with the extension .log at the same folder as your .qvw.

---

I had a problem like this before when the application became read-only or when I did not have the rights to write on the folder.

QlikView tried to save the application before reload and it crashed, or it tried to create a log file and failed, or tried to overwrite the log file... Maybe thats your problem...

Hope this helps,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Hi Erich,

Thanks for the reply.

My code log looks like this:

17/06/2011 11:56:55:      Execution started.

17/06/2011 11:56:55:      QlikView Version:10.00.8935.7

17/06/2011 11:56:55: 0003  exit script

17/06/2011 11:56:55:      Execution finished

You said you had this problem before, did you ever solve it?

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

In my case, it was only folder and file permissions, or a process locking the files preventing QV to overwrite it.

Try to make a copy of your qvw and reload it... (maybe the whole folder)