Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
janderooij
Partner - Contributor III

Reload fails in server and runs fine in desktop

Hi all,

A report reloads fine in desktop mode but fails in the server scheduler.

The log file shows the following:

Execution started.

QlikView Version:10.00.9282.8

CPU Target                    x64

Operating System              Windows Server (R) 2008 Standard Service Pack 2 (64 bit edition)

Wow64 mode                    Not using Wow64

MDAC Version                  6.0.6002.18005

MDAC Full Install Version     6.0.6002.18005

OdbcLoginTimeout              -1

OdbcConnectionTimeout         -1

ScriptWantsDbWrite            false

ScriptWantsExe                false

LogFile CodePage Used:        1252

Error: Error in hidden script. For details, open hidden script before reload.

General Script Error

Execution Failed

Execution finished.

The odbc connection is 32 bit

Why running fine in desktop on the same server and not in batch?

Thanks

Jan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
janderooij
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. The problem is solved now.

I installed the 32 bit QV server. This didn't help. Then i removed the 64 bit ODBC connection.

This did the trick.

Thanks all!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable

I just had a similar issue. Try running the file in the server reload with the hidden script running on a normal tab and see what the log says.

Error: Error in hidden script. For details, open hidden script before reload.

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

There are a few questions that I have, some are simple.  Do you have section access in the app and is it set up in Server?  What account are you using to run QVS, does it have Admin rights, is it a member of QV Admin group, and does it have rights to the DB?

Nate

janderooij
Author

Hi Marc,

Now i got this errors:

Section Application

SET DSN=VLOTSYST

ODBC CONNECT*XUserId*XPassword*

Error: SQL##f - SqlState: IM002, ErrorCode: 0, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

General Script Error

Execution Failed

Execution finished.

Any idea how to solve this?

Services are running under same user as desktop

Jan

janderooij
Author

Hi Nate,

I have an other report without odbc connection, this runs fine in desktop and server.

So i don't think it is a 'rights' problem.

Jan

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Did you set up an Admin user in your Section Access and then use that ID in the QVS settings for the Document Reload?

janderooij
Author

We don't use section access for this document. What i figured out is that my desktop qv is 32 bit and uses the 32 bit odbc fine. The server is 64 bit and is probably not forced to use the 32 bit odbc. I have marked the force 32 bit  in the document. So there must be some parameter in the server to point the right odbc connector. Any idea?

regards

Jan

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Make sure that the server has the 64 bit driver installed.

Not applicable

Hi,

No idea if its related (since I'm not using hidden scripts) but see this quote from community member dbc: "First, check that the ODBC is a System DSN. If not, then it won't work. Second, log in on the server with the same user as you run the QV services. Make a manual reload from QV Developer. At this stage it will most probably fail (and most probably because it's not a System DSN driver)" Refer: http://community.qlik.com/message/116092

I just solved my woes with the IM002 ODBC ... logfile error where models would load perfectly from the desktop (also when I installed desktop on the server) but failed to load from the server reload scheduler.

When I moved my ODBC from the user to the system DSN tab the model reload now works everywhere. All desktop/server systems are 64 bit in my case.

Also I second Nate on suggesting you install 64 bit ODBC driver on your server. AFAIK the ODBC driver your desktop uses to reload the model data is unrelated to the ODBC driver your server needs (each reload runs independendently), so if your Qlikview server install is 64 bit then install the 64 bit ODBC drivers for your database source too. If your QV desktop is 32 bit then be happy with a 32bit ODBC driver there.

janderooij
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. The problem is solved now.

I installed the 32 bit QV server. This didn't help. Then i removed the 64 bit ODBC connection.

This did the trick.

Thanks all!