Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload fails with General script error

Hi,

We need to know what are the other Situations where we get general script error.

1. when there is missed column and wrong syntax ...

but in the above cases we get the detailed errors.

For us it always just says "General script error". (please refer below screenshot).

Any advice or thoughts.

Thanks in Advance.

[Edited] : We also found that our RAM/memory(8GB)  reached to maximum. Currently we are trying to increase it.

Message was edited by: anjan kumar

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Are you running 2 process at the same time?

Can you please share the entire script?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply,

Are you running 2 process at the same time?

[Anjan]: No

Can you please share the entire script?

[Anjan]: The same script Runs on our test instance.I am not sure about sharing the entire script .

We also found that our RAM/memory(8GB)  reached to maximum. Currently we are trying to increase it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Session time out or connection concern. Just check your script if it is misbehaving(some join issue)

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

>>We also found that our RAM/memory(8GB)  reached to maximum. Currently we are trying to increase it.

You have found the issue, probably your JOIN is taking to much memory

I possible, post part of your script (the last LOAD that is generating the error), we could suggest some improvements

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the suggestions.

cleveranjos‌: Sure i will.

Hope this helps.

left join (Feedbacks)

load [Feedback ID], If(fbClosedOrNow > fbCreated, Floor(fbClosedOrNow - fbCreated), 0) as [openedDays]

resident Feedbacks;

@Imran : I too believe it is because of Join.

I have started looking at joins now. I will update, if i find any.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you find provided answer correct/helpful.. kindly tag it accordingly so that it can help the other members

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

I can see you´re calculating [OpenedDays], is it possible to do this before in the script? Maybe when loading your qvd´s

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think you should be able to replace the JOIN with a preceding load:

[Feedbacks]:

LOAD *,

If(fbClosedOrNow > fbCreated, Floor(fbClosedOrNow - fbCreated), 0) as [openedDays];

LOAD [Feedback ID],

AllYourOtherFeedbacksTableCode,

FROM YourFeedBackSourceTable;

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

STORE has a nasty habit of throwing a "General Script Error".

Especially when you do a STORE command and what is specified after the INTO part is "wrong" - like a non-existing path or there is an out-of-space situation on the storage device you are using or the file is locked already by another process.