Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reload one document from another document?

I would like to reload one qvw from the script of another qvw. I have developed a generic script that take a start and end date and "can" pass these dates into another script to reload data for a specific day ( or datetime). I have "reloaded" the second document using the "Excecute" command but it seems like there should be a better way. Also, even though I have checked the setting that allows "Execute" to work, when I run the script, QV still throws a dialogue box that ask's me if I want to allow system commands. I thought I indicated that "i did" want this when I checked the "Can Execute External Programs" checkbox in the script settings?

Thanks for any help in advance!

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

bump for the morning crowd!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

bumpity bump for the weekend crowd.

Not applicable
Author

Under settings it says "Selecting any of these options will make QV warn users about executing the script". So actually you have asked it to throw the dialog box. Try to un-check it.

I have never run qvs from a Execute command but use Scheduled tasks. You might give it a go. Make at .cmd containing the names of your qvs e.g.:

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /r "Eco_Comments.qvw"
"C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /r "comments2.qvw"

and set Scheduler to run it e.g. every day at 05:00. I alway use binary load between my load qvs so I first load one then let the second get data from the first by means of binary load.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, but neither checking nor unchecking gets rid of the dialogue boxes. See picture below when unchecked (default setting). What I am trying to do is load history one day at a time. So, I need a loop that spins out the days and calls my daily extract qvw's. These extract qvw's do nothing but grab one days of data and store it with the other history (concantenate load...) as a qvd. I have created that loop as a separate qvw. I thought of just turning the scrip into text files and including them in the script but i'd prefer not to do that.

I guess there is no easy wayt (command) that allows one qvw to reload another qvw?

hectorgarcia
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

try this I found in other forum, I have not teste in server but it wprks in standalone qvw.

Hector

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Great suggestion. This will work. I was hoping to not have to use VB or any other scripting except QV's native script but I think that maybe one instance of QV cannot gain scope over another instance of QV other than using an Execute command.