Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Reload qvw without saving data in qmc

Hi all,

I would like to reload a qvw every day at 3 AM and on monday at 11am, 12pm and 1 pm.

We don't have a publisher licence so I can only use 1 task to schedule in the QMC.

I reload first the data to qvd's. Here I can use an if statement to see if the date and hour are correct to exit the script without reloading the data.

If this reload is successfull I start reloading the QVW. But If I use here the same logic and do an exit script, the qvw is empty.

And this is not what I nee.

Is there a solution to exit a reload without saving the qvw? Or Any work around?

Regards,

Kris

Labels (3)
2 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think there is no really "nice" solution. A quick and dirty approach might be:

if condition = true then
   reload your stuff
else
   I'm here to create an error to break the execution without saving the file.
end if

The disadvantage is clear you will get a lot of task-error messages (they might be sorted out per any rule within the mail-clients) . With the use of (multiple and/or nested) sleep-statements you may reduce the number these error-messages - and if you could time it quite accurately you might avoid them completely - AFAIK the max. time-span from sleep are 5 hours, therefore it won't be very easy.

Another approach could be to trigger within a check-routine like the above if-loop an EXECUTE statement in an extra qvw which then called a batch-file which performed the reload with the desktop client.

And maybe it's the lesser evil to use two different applications for your task.

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Kris, to Marcus' point, there may be a little better way, have a look at the following script function, this should allow you to just skip everything if things are not ready and exit...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/Scrip...

If Marcus' post was what you needed, be sure to properly close the thread by using the Accept as Solution button on his post if that is the info you needed.  The Reload Engine is very limited in what it can do, the only other way here might be some sort of PowerShell script that does things there, believe some customers have gone that route in these situations.  If you did something different, consider posting that and mark that as the solution, and if you have further questions, leave a new comment.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.