cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martyn_birzys
Creator
Creator

Reload task fails without error

I have a loader which reloads fine when I run it manually, but fails as scheduled task. There is very little indication as to why.

This is a dBASE 5 database I'm loading to Qlikview.

First I stumbled upon 'the great ODBC' confusion, was getting 'architecture mismatch between driver and application' error. Finally I got 32bit System DSN connection setup in ODBC connections. 'Test Connection' returns message that connection was successful.

But the reload task still fails. It seems it happens right after trying to connect, see DocumentLog.

I made sure WindowsNT user QLIKVIEW has access to the data folder, so it is not folder permissions issue.

DocumentLog error:

16/03/2016 14:30:02.7042205      Information        16/03/2016 14:30:02: 0024  OLEDB CONNECT32*Provider*

16/03/2016 14:30:02.7052206      Information        16/03/2016 14:30:02:       Error: ErrorSource: (null), ErrorMsg: (null)

16/03/2016 14:30:02.7062207      Information        16/03/2016 14:30:02:       General Script Error

16/03/2016 14:30:02.7062207      Information        16/03/2016 14:30:02:       Execution Failed

16/03/2016 14:30:02.7072208      Information        16/03/2016 14:30:02:      Execution finished.

TaskLog error:

ErrorThe task "Loaders/my_loader.qvw" failed.

Exception: || QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. --->

QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed --->

QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully.

DocumentPath=D:\QV\LIVE\FINANCE\LOADERS\my_loader.qvw. 

||    at QDSMain.ReloadTask.VerifyConditions(TaskResult taskResult)

||    at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)

||    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

||    at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)

||    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

||    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

||    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

||    at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

12 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

As a first step, ensure that you have Generate Logfile enabled in the qvw as it gives more useful inof, also does the service user have access to the source server/db ?

Andy

Colin-Albert

Have you created ODBC DSNs that can be accessed by the service account running QDS?

Have you created a system DSN or a user DSN?

Does the service account running QDS have permission to access the database?

Can you logon to the server as the QDS service account and then run the reload in a QlikView desktop session?

avinashelite

1. Have you created the ODBC connection in the server ?? if not ask the server team to add a DSN for you

2. Check whether all the necessary drivers are installed in the server ..that 32 bit or 64 bit

3. If your forcing the Qlikview to connect for 32 bit check the force 32 bit connectioon in the edit script > data connection

4. If you are having section access then your QV service account should have the admin access

try to share the actual log file which will be in the document folder with the extesnsion a.qvw.log

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Have you tried using the same odbc driver from another application to retrieve data from the dbase 5 file? The error you see is returned by the odbc driver. You might want to check that the driver works at all.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
martyn_birzys
Creator
Creator
Author

the excerpts come from the log, so obviously the logging is enabled. my post also states that service user has permissions to the data folder. not aware of db permissions in dBASE.

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Is the reload actually using the odbc coonection:

16/03/2016 14:30:02.7042205      Information        16/03/2016 14:30:02: 0024  OLEDB CONNECT32*Provider*

16/03/2016 14:30:02.7052206      Information        16/03/2016 14:30:02:       Error: ErrorSource: (null), ErrorMsg: (null)

This looks like OLEDB to me

andy

martyn_birzys
Creator
Creator
Author

That is true. I was trying out different connections. When connecting with ODBC I'm getting this error:

Error: SQL##f - SqlState: S1009, ErrorCode: 4294966273, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC dBase Driver] '(unknown)' is not a valid path.  Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.

Colin-Albert

Is the connection string using a mapped drive?

Mapped drives cannot be accessed by the QDS service and need to use a UNC path instead.

martyn_birzys
Creator
Creator
Author

There are no other applications on that server, not sure I could test it that way.

I've read in another post that ODBC driver should be installed by Administrator, which wouldn't have been the case.

Any other tips?