cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martyn_birzys
Creator
Creator

Reload task fails without error

I have a loader which reloads fine when I run it manually, but fails as scheduled task. There is very little indication as to why.

This is a dBASE 5 database I'm loading to Qlikview.

First I stumbled upon 'the great ODBC' confusion, was getting 'architecture mismatch between driver and application' error. Finally I got 32bit System DSN connection setup in ODBC connections. 'Test Connection' returns message that connection was successful.

But the reload task still fails. It seems it happens right after trying to connect, see DocumentLog.

I made sure WindowsNT user QLIKVIEW has access to the data folder, so it is not folder permissions issue.

DocumentLog error:

16/03/2016 14:30:02.7042205      Information        16/03/2016 14:30:02: 0024  OLEDB CONNECT32*Provider*

16/03/2016 14:30:02.7052206      Information        16/03/2016 14:30:02:       Error: ErrorSource: (null), ErrorMsg: (null)

16/03/2016 14:30:02.7062207      Information        16/03/2016 14:30:02:       General Script Error

16/03/2016 14:30:02.7062207      Information        16/03/2016 14:30:02:       Execution Failed

16/03/2016 14:30:02.7072208      Information        16/03/2016 14:30:02:      Execution finished.

TaskLog error:

ErrorThe task "Loaders/my_loader.qvw" failed.

Exception: || QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. --->

QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed --->

QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully.

DocumentPath=D:\QV\LIVE\FINANCE\LOADERS\my_loader.qvw. 

||    at QDSMain.ReloadTask.VerifyConditions(TaskResult taskResult)

||    at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)

||    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

||    at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)

||    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

||    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

||    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

||    at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

12 Replies
martyn_birzys
Creator
Creator
Author

Yeah I read that in a few threads but I don't get it - when configuring DNS there is no option to use UNC path, only mapped drives. There is 'Network' button, which opens Map Network Drive dialog box, essentially forcing you to setup and then use mapped drive.

screenshot.png

Colin-Albert

The QDS service runs in session 0 and so is started before the mapped drives are enabled, this prevents the service from seeing mapped drives.

Can you access the data via a different driver or ADO rather than ODBC?

martyn_birzys
Creator
Creator
Author

The reload via Qlikview Desktop works using OLE DB, but as you've well spotted in the log, fails in scheduled task.

I'll try to 1. reinstall drivers as Administrator, and 2. figure out how to test them using some different application

Are you saying there are other drivers to connect to dBASE?