Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

Reload

Hi,

Is it possible to schedule in such a way the QVW file should run a full relaod on starting of the month and run a partial reload in the mid of the month through the publisher.I understand we can do a check on dates and put it two different scripts in if else. But how to implement the same in publisher.

8 Replies
garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Set up two separate Publisher tasks - one to run full at the start of the month, and one to run partial in the middle of the month.

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for your response Gary Strader,

But i dont want to have two different files.It should be the single file...Any other suggestions will be very helpful

garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Maybe I misunderstood you.  I didn't mean two different "files" or QVW applications.  I meant a single QVW, with two separate Publisher tasks on that single QVW.  You can define multiple Publisher tasks on a single QVW to run at different times with different settings.

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for your response. I have misunderstood your previous response. Your solution should work. Just wanted to know how to differentiate the Partial Reload and Full Reload at publisher.

I had look at the reference docs and udnertsand that there is an Is Partial reload check box which will run the partial reload.And i just need to add the prefix in the syntax with Replace or Add keyword.So that  when the partial Reload is enabled (First Task) in publisher it will run as only those scripts. And the Second task partial reload check box is unchecked. So it will be consider as normal reload.

Is there any other things i have to change and is there any limitation.

Is it possible to trigger the Partial reload based on event or change in value ?

So it is for sure we can't run the partial and full reload in a single task.

Once again thanks for your response.

garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Yes, I should have mentioned the partial reload checkbox.  I've never used it in Publisher, but it should work the same way as doing a partial reload in Desktop works.

I think that's all you have to do.  It would be easy to set up a test QVW and try it out and see if it works the way you expect.

When you ask "is it possible to trigger the partial reload based on event or change in value", do you mean having an external task trigger rather than a timed scheduled trigger?  There are several ways to do this.  Can you explain in more detail what you're trying to do?

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The task should run when there is a change in  the database based on the specific criteria. EDX we can try .But not sure how to start it.

garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

What database system are you using?  For example, in SQL Server, you can set up a SQL Agent job that would monitor the database state, and you could use this to trigger an EDX command line script to start a Publisher task.

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Once again thanks for your patience response.We are using Oracle database.Only Concern is i should be able to select the last day of the month for normal reload considering number of days in the months are different. I could see there is an option last day but still i need to check how it is going to work.I could see an idea posted long back as we can schedule two tasks on the same QVW file. A lot need to be tested...