Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skzwane01
Contributor III
Contributor III

Reloading Password - Protected Model through batch file

Hi,

I am currently reloading a password-protected qlikview model manually. I would like to automate the process by running the model through a batch file.

I need help on how to run a batch file that will automatically reload the Password-Protected Qlikview model.

Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Sanele Zwane

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

You need to include user+password within your connection-string: Passing userid and password to ODBC Connection.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

I assume with password protected you mean section access. If possible switch the section access from user+password to NTNAME and add your user to it. If this isn't possible you will need a VBS batch to be able to specify a user and a password, see: Re: open document from command line

- Marcus

skzwane01
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

So basically one of the datasources is a password-protected ODBC connection not necessarily Section Access. The username and password are only prompted when one tries to reload or add an additional datasource.

I would like to incorporate the username and password on the batch file so it runs automatically but still want the password to be prompted for any manual reload and scripting.

marcus_sommer

You need to include user+password within your connection-string: Passing userid and password to ODBC Connection.

- Marcus

skzwane01
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Marcus for the assistance