Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reloading .qvw App and Distributing\Publishing to server.

Hi Guys,

One of QlikView trainers suggested that We should go for 2 folder structure for loading and distributing .QVW applications.

Make a folder SOURCE: Here your qvw application will be reloaded everyday

Make a folder DESTINATION: Here your .qvw applications will be distributed\published using publisher.

Once I followed this folder structure, I noticed it is taking almost double in reloading and distribution\publishing.

It is taking almost 28 minutes to reload 555 millions of records and then almost 15-20 minutes in distributing. Why so?

Another doubt I have:

When I reload 555 million of records in a .qvw application using Desktop, it is taking almost 28 minutes and then If I click on save it is taking almost 5 minutes to save that document.

1. If I reload .qvw and don't click on save the document and close it, will data go off  if open next time?
  2. If I reload .qvw and click on save the document then Will RAM space be released? If not there is any way to release it?
  3. If we open a document from section Access then only Data will be reloaded in Server RAM? For Example: There is a document available on section access but no one is opening it then data to that application will not be loaded in Server RAM unless someone opens that document?
  4. Publish and Distribution are same or different? If different then in what all aspects?
  5. Publish means we are loading data into server RAM? Distribution means just distributing documents to different users and group?

Message was edited by: Shivendoo Kumar

0 Replies