Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reloading qvw without saving to disk.

Hi Guys,

My current qlikserver architecture has a qvw that connects to databases and saves the data to qvds. Once that is done reloading, I have another qvw that grabs all the data and links them and publishes it to the webserver and this works great. Recently I was told that the server within a few month can no longer be saving any data on its hard drive (everything has to be in RAM/cached). I'm having a hard time understanding how to change my deployment to meet those requirements as whenever data is reload is automtically saves the data to the qvw.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure how this should work. As far as I know, QlikView needs to save to disk for storing QVWs, QVDs, logs etc.

Also during reload and distribution, saving the QVW is needed.

Maybe the server uses a  RAM disk which appears as standard drives to applications (so for the applications, there will still be (RAM) disks to write to).

But even then, never writing the QVWs etc. to disk seems to be quite risky. Hope you spent some time on disaster recovery planning.

Not applicable
Author

Hi swuehl‌,

Disaster recovery is not an issue since the server will always be pulling data from other servers. The only thing I would have to maintain is the layout which I'm hoping can be saved. All I need is the data i'm grabbing from other servers to not be written to disk. Are you aware of someone that may know the answer to that? Maybe if I call qlik themselves?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Might be a good idea to get in contact with qlik support.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Yusof,

Did you ever find a solution for this issue? I'm dealing with a similar requirement at the moment.

Thanks!

Koen

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

AFAIK there is no solution for this "issue". QDS writes information to disk. QVS reads information from disk. That's how they talk to each other.

Can you describe your requirement (preferably in a new discussion)? There may be other solutions or workarounds available that are not that difficult to implement.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the quick reaction!

You can find the new discussion here.