Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reloading the document from client

Hi,

I had recently started using Qlikview. I need to load a Table from the database which has data close to 10 GB. If I try to load this on my development box with 3GB RAM it crashes. I have placed the qvw file on the server now but want to trigger the reload on the server from the client interface from my machine. Can this be achieved in Qlikview and how.

Thnaks in advance for your help

Ritesh

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

if I understand you right, you are using an QV-Server and QV-Publisher(does not matter if enterprise or not) to reload the document.

So the just create an EDX - Request ( Home > Job Management > Request Event Driven Job Execution ) via the controlpanel. Then you only have to type in the url into you IE/Firefox what ever and Publisher will start the reloading of your document.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

that's was the old fashop way before Rel. 9.0 (SP2) - any idea how does will work under the actuatl QV-Release ?

Thxs.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If you are looking for something "new" you would be disapointed.

Still, you have to create the EDX to start the reload task on the QV Server.

Kind regards,

Janusz

Not applicable
Author

Hi Janusz,

ok...(well not ok).

Would you be so nice and tell me HOW do I set up the EDX now ? I'm still tumbling thru the new GUI missing the clear "create EDX" and the "test webpage" for it ? Any hint where to find it ?

Thank you, Thomas